Chief Financial Officer
Position – Chief Financial Officer
Level – Senior-Level
Experience – 5+ years financial management experience
Qualification – Chartered Accountant
Salary – R900k CTC per annum plus performance bonus and share options
Company – Renewable Energy, Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing
Sectors – Private, Government, Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial
Location – Bellville, Western Cape
Our client is a successful privately-owned group specializing in the design, construction and operation of world class solar systems across the small-scale utility, commercial and industrial sectors. They are looking to appoint a technical and commercially aware CFO who will be based in their Cape Town offices.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, dynamic and business minded individual wanting to join a fast paced, rapid growing organisation, wanting to not only look at the finance department but also willing to get involved with commercial and operational side of the business. Great growth and career opportunity as the company is expanding across Africa and planning a listing in the medium term.
Responsible for all aspects of financial control and reporting, the CFO is the link between the accounting department and top management and is responsible for management accounting, budgeting, profit forecasts, operational accounting, financial control, coordinating and overseeing of the financial reporting, as well as being responsible for the finalisation of the monthly financial process. Develop regular financial statements, prepare special projects and perform analysis for senior management.
As part of the management team, the successful candidate will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders as well as senior executives and board members to make effective organisational decisions regarding improved business performance.
The CFO will be responsible for the following:
- To take ownership of the Financial Management for the business;
- Financial planning, forecasting and target setting and on-going advisory role;
- Budget Management, compiling of budgets, budget control and coordination;
- Preparation of detailed 5-year headline earnings budgets and cash flow forecasts;
- Ensure accurate, timely preparation of financial statements, reports and schedules;
- System Administration – ongoing evaluation and implementation of controls and changes, development input;
- Monitor and manage all internal systems and controls;
- Standardise business models to calculate and evaluate IRR of different products and investments;
- Responsible for Company Secretary Function;
- Overall responsibility for legal, statutory, regulatory and operational compliance;
- Reviewing of accountants’ work;
- Authorising payments and primary responsible for banking profiles and treasury controls;
- Preparation of reports for Group Exco meetings;
- Working closely with management with regards to reporting requirements and cash flow projections;
- Liaising with insurance brokers and ensuring adequate insurance cover;
- Review of agreements; and
- Dealings with external auditors and facilitating audits for the Company.
- Upholding of the Company Confidentiality Agreement;
- Compliance with all relevant legislations;
- Effective management and continuity of all related activities;
- All performance related tasks as required.
- Expert MS Excel skills essential (Pivot tables, Data Management, V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Macros, etc.).
Minimum & Basic Experience Needed:
- 5+ years’ financial management experience (within a medium to large enterprise) with financial services or industry related experience;
- Cross border reporting experience;
- Strategic Thinker with Exceptional Communication, Leadership, and Mentoring Skills;
- Proven success with Stakeholder engagement with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate dialogue, decisions, and action across a wide stakeholder spectrum, including those who are not financially minded;
- Position will require extensive interaction and involvement within operations and must have the ability to create meaningful relationships at all levels across branches nationally;
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task – The successful candidate must be comfortable to drive change and display a vibrant, driven and energetic personality.
- R900k CTC per annum depending on previous experience and possible High Impact contribution within the organisation.
- Eligible for discretionary bonus and share options over and above basic salary.
HOW TO APPLY
- Ensure you meet all the requirements
- Complete all the requested information below
- Remember to attach your CV
- Once your application has been made, you will receive a generic e-mail to confirm the receipt of your application
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Should you not be contacted by a consultant within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.